It’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun with genealogy extraordinaire, Randy Seaver, and tonight’s mission, should I decide to accept it, is determining what happened in history on the day my father was born! My mission, should I decide to accept this challenge is to determined:
1) What day of the week was your Father born? Tell us how you found out.
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Father’s birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Father’s birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook
You know, it has been awhile since my last genealogy fun activity. So cue the Mission Impossible music because I’m definitely taking on this challenge tonight! So here’s what interesting information I’ve learned (check out my source citation below to see how I found my information). . .
1) What day of the week was your Father born?
My father, John Willie Taylor, was born Tuesday, 22 February 1927 
2) What happened in recorded history on your Father’s birth date (day and month)?
Some national events that occurred either on my father’s exact date of birth, or day and month are :
1861 – The Baltimore Plot was an alleged conspiracy in late February 1861 to assassinate President-elect Abraham Lincoln en route to his inauguration.
1927 - United States Congress convened in a joint session to commemorate the birthday of George Washington, who was born in 1732. 
1932 – Edward Moore “Ted” Kennedy was born at St. Margaret’s Hospital in the Dorchester section of Boston, Massachusetts, the youngest of nine children of Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr. and Rose Fitzgerald
1989 – One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, by Aretha Franklin, wins a Grammy Award in the “Best Soul Gospel Album, Female” category.
2009 - The 81st Academy Awards ceremony was held by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) to honor its selection of the best films of 2008 on February 22, 2009, at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
3) What famous people have been born on your Father’s birth date?
President George Washington is born to Augustine and Mary (Ball) Washington at Wakefield Farm, Westmoreland County, Virginia on February 22, 1732. 
American pop singer, Guy Mitchell (born Albert George Cernik), was born on February 22, 1927; he passed away July 1, 1999. 
American film star, Donald May, was born in Chicago, Illinois on February 22, 1927. 
American hematologist, Victor Herbert, was born on 22 February 1927 in New York City. 
1. Evi Technologies Ltd. (n.d.). Feb 22, 1927 day of week. Evi. Retrieved July 13, 2013, from http://www.evi.com/q/feb_22,_1927_day_of_week
2. Timelines, Inc. (n.d.). What Happened On Feb 22 Timeline. World History Project. Retrieved July 13, 2013, from http://worldhistoryproject.org/what-happened-on/2/22
3. Glass, A. (2010, February 22). Congress marks Washington’s birthday, Feb. 22, 1927.Politico. Retrieved July 13, 2013, from http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33247.html
4. February 22. (2013, July 13). Wikipedia. Retrieved July 13, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_22
5. Lucy Media. (n.d.). Victor Herbert (Hematologist). Celebrities Born on February 22 – Starting with the Letter “V” Retrieved July 13, 2013, from http://www.lucywho.com/p6659342/victor-herbert/